“The purpose of the Northwood Residents’ Association, established in 1966, is to maintain and develop a high standard of amenities and community spirit.” Where is that community spirit? Northwood consists of many small, often overlapping, communities – schools, churches, clubs and societies – but looking closer to your home, neighbours also form communities.
The NRA executive committee would like to hear about YOUR Good Neighbours through their Good Northwood Neighbour initiative. Perhaps your neighbour does a bit of shopping for you when the weather is bad? Or takes you to hospital appointments? Or simply pops in for a chat when you can’t get out? Let us know whom you would like to be recognised for their kind deeds; send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The small print:
- A nominee can be a small group as well as an individual.
- A nominee needs to live, work or attend school in the Northwood Residents’ Association area. [See Page 8 of the Constitution]
- Good deeds can be small but frequent, a one-off, or an ongoing contribution to some cause ….. but must be VOLUNTARY, not part of employment.
- NRA Exec members and their families are not eligible to be nominated.
- NRA Exec will judge entries, and will choose one or more nominees to receive an award.
- Deadline 31/01/2019
- Presentation at AGM, 11th April 2019