Chaired by: Dr Amir Lakha
The aims of the Health sub-committee are to keep Northwood residents informed about local developments in the field of health and to endeavour to maintain good quality comprehensive NHS health care in the locality.
Members of the sub-committee keep in touch with the following:
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust. The Trust Board is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the organisation and ensuring that financial targets are achieved. The Board holds meetings every month (9:30am-12:30), and as part of their commitment to openness and accountability; members of the public, staff and volunteers are welcome to attend and ask questions. https://www.westhertshospitals.nhs.uk/about/board_meetings/default.asp
There is time set aside to answer questions from the public about any issues that have been raised during the meeting. For more complex questions they ask that these are submitted in advance to Jean Hickman, Trust Secretary, or by telephone 01923 436361
- East & North Herts NHS Trust. The Trust Board meetings are held every 2 months and start at 11:00am and aim to finish by 12:30.
While Trust Board meetings are held in public they are not public meetings. However, the Board is keen to seek input from the community and sets aside time at the start of each meeting for members of the public to make statements or ask questions. Please submit your question to the Secretary at least 48 hours before the start of the meeting (details below). https://www.enherts-tr.nhs.uk/about/board/board-meetings/
For more information or to submit a question or statement, please contact the Trust Secretary, Joe Maggs, by email email@example.com, phone (01438 285543) or by writing to Trust Secretary, Lister Hospital, Coreys Mill Lane, Stevenage, SG1 4AB.
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. THH holds its Board Meetings every 4th Tuesday of the month at 2pm either at Hillingdon Hospital or Mount Vernon. Check website for venue.They are open to the public unless otherwise stated. Questions to the Board can be submitted to the Trust Secretary at any time. The Chairman will decide whether to seek a response at the next Board meeting or arrange for a response to be sent direct.
Trust Secretary, The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Pield Heath Road, Uxbridge UB8 3NN; Tel: 01895 279976. Website: https://www.thh.nhs.uk/
- Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals join Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust has officially joined Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, bringing together world-leading expertise in the care and research of heart and lung disease.
The merger of the two NHS foundation trusts was approved by the Boards and Councils of Governors of both organisations in December 2020. It came into effect 1 February 2021, seeing the creation of a newly expanded Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, with Royal Brompton and Harefield forming a new Clinical Group within the Trust.
- NHS NORTH WEST LONDON CLINICAL COMMISSIONING GROUP (CCG)
NHS North West London Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is a clinically led organisation responsible for planning, buying and monitoring most of the health services used by our residents. Formed on 1 April 2021, it covers the London boroughs of Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hammersmith & Fulham, Hounslow, Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster. https://www.nwlondonccg.nhs.uk/