On 4th November 2019 Nick Hurd met with Graeme Craig, TfL Property Director and his team, and two Hillingdon planning officers. It was agreed
– TfL will not be submitting a planning application anytime soon and they will not attempt to force something that residents object to and would eventually go to the Mayor of London on appeal. It would appear that they can’t make the proposal work in economic terms or with the support of the community.
– Nick asked TfL to re-engage promptly with residents and the council
– It was agreed that Station Approach needs a facelift as a priority
– TfL agreed to be more flexible with their tenants in order to occupy empty premises, possibly making some available for comunuity use
– Parking in Station Approach needs better policing and discussions should be had with residents and the Council